Chicken and Apple Sausage with Cabbage
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole packet of Applegate Farms Chicken & Apple Sausage sliced
- 1 whole small head cabbage core removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 whole large sweet onion sliced into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp stevia optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet of Applegate Farms Chicken & Apple Sausage, sliced
- 1 small head cabbage, core removed, coarsely chopped*
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into large pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons stevia (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high and add sausage. Cook for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan with the leftover liquid from the sausage, add the sliced cabbage, onions, garlic, stevia (optional), salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for about 5-8 minutes (depending how tender you like the vegetable), stirring occasionally until cabbage begins to turn translucent.
- Mix in the vinegar and mustard and combine until evenly coated; add the sausage back to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!