Cruciferous Crunch Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups brussels sprouts roughly chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (up to 2 tbsp if desired)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or juice of two lemons
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 tsp/ Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
Using a food processor, process all the veggies up to the parsley until finely chopped and mix together in a large bowl. This may take a few batches.
Add almonds to the food processor and pulse, until roughly chopped, and mix in with the salad along with the sunflower seeds.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over top of the salad OR place in a jar and use as needed.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 304mg | Potassium: 995mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 409% | Vitamin C: 325% | Calcium: 23% | Iron: 22%