Spaghetti Squash Buffalo Casserole
- 1 whole Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce
- 6 tbsp Paleo-friendly Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Green Onion sliced plus additional for topping
- 1 whole egg whites
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Additionally, grease a casserole dish with a little bit of olive oil.
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Rub the inside with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, cut-side down, until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While the squash cools, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, cook the chicken breast until no longer pink inside, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Scrape the strands out of the cooled spaghetti squash and spread them out in one even layer on a piece of paper towel. Use another layer of paper towel to press out as much moisture as you can. Then, repeat with another paper towel.
- Once this is done, you should have about 3 lightly packed cups of spaghetti squash (or about 480g) Place into a large bowl.
- Shred the chicken breasts (you should end up with about 3 packed cups of shredded chicken or 300g) and add it into the bowl with the squash.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer into the prepared casserole dish, pressing out flat. Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered, until the edges are golden brown, and the top feels set, about 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven to high broil and broil for 5 minutes. Then, let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Garnish with extra onions and enjoy!